Greener Journeys may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective immediately.
What we collect
The data is collected by the Greener Journeys. We may collect the following information:
- name, job title
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode
What we do with the information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Sending out monthly newsletters and weekly updates that we believe you will find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone.
- We may use your information to send personal invitations to upcoming Greener Journeys events.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not keep personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customers needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the website you have been redirected to. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting external sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Legal basis for processing your data
We will process your data under the following legal bases:
- Consent: we will gather your consent to contact you when you sign-up to receive any form of correspondence on our website.
- Legitimate interests: at times we may feel that it is in your legitimate interest that we contact you. However you will always have the right to object and opt out.
Consent/controlling your personal information
- By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
- Consent is required for the Greener Journeys to process personal data. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
- When signing up on the website you will be asked to confirm your subscription to our mailing list via email. We will never add you to our database if you do not confirm your consent.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 27 Beaufort Court, Admirals Way, London E14 9XL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.